There is only one way to stop these scammers and it needs everybody’s effort. Below I am listing few steps that each one of you needs to do:
1. If the scammers called you, try to make a conversation and make them feel that you don't know anything about computer.
2. Then take the name of the company from where that scammer is calling. I would say pen down everything.
3. Now check the website while you are on the phone and try to find the payment gateway link which you can find after clicking on the 'Buy' button. Most of the websites follow this concept while others directly open the payment gateway.
4. There are many third party websites which provide online transaction facility. Some of these companies are CCavenues, EBS, DirectPay, PayPal etc.
5. Now after getting name of the payment gateway, it’s time to say goodbye to that scammer.
Now you need to write a mail to the Payment Gateway Company letting them know about the company who contacted you and was trying to fool you. Write an aggressive mail about these people.
We need to send at least 50mails to the payment gateway company about the company who contacted you to blacklist them.
Look guys! My blog did the same thing. It came into lime light because of the people who contacted me and the concerned payment gateway company froze their account. Many call centers have suffered because of this blog.I know, these people will change the name of the company and will again start calling you. But getting a new payment gateway is not that easy. So my point is, if all of us will start doing what I have mentioned, then these technical support phone calls will be a nightmare one day.